Tour of Anchorage - August 6th - 9th
Great Competition, Great Courses, Cash and
Merchandise awards, participant swag, banquet and more!
The Tour of Anchorage is the premier event of the Arctic
Bicycle Club Road Division. It is a great opportunity to do
a fun and competitive stage race without leaving Anchorage
(well almost......we do head out to Wasilla one day). Full details
are in the RACE BIBLE There is a lot of information- please read all information carefully.
The Race Bible contains very detailed information on each stage of the race.
Print the bible off and keep it with you!
Additional details below:
- Registration: Online registration will close on Wednesday, August 5th at 9:00pm. You may register for the entire series and/or individual races. Online registration will remain open for individual events until 9:00pm the evening prior to an individual event.
- Series registration includes the Tour banquet on Sunday, 8/9 and participant swag.
- Single Event Participation: For all divisions, riders may participate in single events, however only racers who complete all stages will be eligible for GC awards.
- Awards: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given for all divisions (Men & Women). Racers must complete the entire series to qualify for awards. New this year - $1,500 Cash Prize Purse!
Banquet & Awards
Sunday, August 9th, 5:00 PM at Hilltop Chalet
Included with series registration
Family and friend welcome - this is always a great time!
$10 per person not registered in the series (kids 12 and under free)
Join us for good eats & beverages (beer too!). Final awards will be presented and there will be schwag! We need an early head-count for the Banquet - please register additional attendees at one of the races.
Volunteers Needed - Please!
This event could not happen without our great volunteers. We are in need of a few volunteers to assist with timing, course flagging and more. If you are interested please email the race directors.
BONUS - if you volunteer next latte is on us - compliments of Kaladi Brothers Coffee! Help at 2 or more races and come to the banquet on us!
Tour of Anchorage Volunteer needs:
Point Woronzof Prologue - 4
Upper Potter Hill Climb - 2
Point MacKenzie TT - 1
Point MacKenzie RR - 1
MLK Circuit - 1
- Open (formerly Expert)
- Intermediate (formerly Sport)
- Novice (formerly Beginner)
- Masters 45+
- Masters 60+
Visit the FAQ page for full details of the new categories
Hill Climb and Criterium Race Series
Both the hill climb and crit series are back for 2015.
Mandatory Upgrade Policy
To ensure fair competition in the Novice and Intermediate categories, we are implementing a mandatory upgrade policy for 2014. It's simple: Novice or Intermediate racers who win a stage race overall general classification or five individual races in a season are required to upgrade to the next division up.